This More healthy On the spot Pot Spaghetti & Meatballs Recipe is a straightforward meal prep recipe that makes use of frozen meatballs and entire wheat pasta for a wholesome spin of this dinner traditional.
This recipe has turn out to be one in all my go-to wholesome dinners on busy weeknights as a result of it’s simply so stinkin’ straightforward to throw collectively.
Straightforward One-Pot Meal Prep Dump Recipe
Certainly one of my favourite issues about making this recipe in my On the spot Pot is that you simply simply dump all the things in and stroll away.
- No watching the pot to verify it doesn’t boil over.
- No range high full of various pots and pans to prepare dinner your sauce, your meat, and your noodles.
- No sink filled with slicing board, pans, and dishes once you’re executed.
Only one pot, no-prep components poured in and able to serve.
And, as a result of the spaghetti and meatballs reheat so effectively as leftovers, it makes it the perfect meal prep recipe.
Simply measure out your parts into your containers, add some veggies, and also you’re good to go!
I like these glass meal prep containers and I can’t wait to get one other set.
What Makes This Spaghetti & Meatballs More healthy?
Spaghetti Sauce With No Added Sugar
Spaghetti sauce is a kind of locations that may have every kind of hidden sugar. Tomatoes have pure sugars of their very own, however some manufacturers add sugar as much as 12 grams per serving!
I exploit Newman’s Personal Natural Marinara sauce on this recipe, however any no-sugar-added pasta sauce will do.
* Replace – I used to make use of Newman’s Personal, however now I completely love Ragu Merely! I get it at my native Walmart for the value of “regular” sauces, however it doesn’t have any added sugar, it makes use of all actual, recognizable components, and they’re increasing their line with new flavors, too (I’ve the roasted garlic sauce in my cart proper now)!
Entire Grain Spaghetti
Entire wheat pasta has fewer energy, is much less processed, and offers you extra fiber, nutritional vitamins, and minerals than common pasta.
I like to make use of Barilla pasta on this recipe. It holds up rather well (as a result of no person likes mushy pasta) and it’s straightforward to search out in my native grocery shops.
I exploit 1 cup of shredded carrots on this recipe, however I’ll additionally add onions, zucchini, or bell peppers typically too.
My husband isn’t fairly as enthusiastic about veggies as I’m and this utilizing the shredded carrots (or zucchini) is an effective way to “cover” the greens.
Technically, these are matchstick carrots which aren’t ultimate for hiding, however it’s what my retailer has prepped, so it really works for me.
Typically I’ll have meal prep classes the place I escape my meals processor and shred a bunch of carrots and zucchini to maintain within the freezer for recipes like this.
And, after all, the added diced tomatoes assist the vegetable content material, too!
Truthfully? Ready meatballs aren’t the healthiest meals round, even when they do use turkey.
Ideally, you’ll use additional lean floor turkey and make meatballs from scratch, however the entire level of this recipe is protecting it tremendous quick and easy.
And typically which means shopping for ready meatballs! I exploit Kroger’s diminished fats turkey meatballs on this recipe.
Evaluating Kroger’s turkey meatballs to their homestyle meatballs, the turkey meatballs have 80 much less energy, 10 much less grams of fats, and an additional gram of protein per serving. That’s a fairly substantial distinction!
Low Sodium Hen Broth
That is simply one other one small change that may make a giant distinction in your well being.
Consuming an excessive amount of sodium can improve your blood strain, trigger you to carry onto water weight, and every kind of different issues.
Utilizing just a bit much less salt in your dishes can add up over time.
Tips on how to Make More healthy On the spot Pot Spaghetti & Meatballs
I exploit my 6-quart On the spot Pot DUO Plus for this recipe, which is at present my favourite cooking equipment.
Step #1 – Dump In Your Substances In This Order
The order is definitely fairly essential in relation to On the spot Pot recipes, so comply with my lead and also you’ll be good to go!
First, add your frozen meatballs. No have to thaw them!
They may thaw as your On the spot Pot involves strain.
Subsequent, add your pasta.
**Professional tip – if you wish to keep away from your pasta sticking collectively in clumps, ensure you splay the pasta out such as you see me doing right here.
When you simply plop massive chunks of pasta in, that’s the way it will prepare dinner. However any pasta clumps that I’ve ever gotten stir out simply on the finish.
Now, add your rooster broth. You may undoubtedly simply use water if you need, however I like the added taste of the broth.
Subsequent, add your carrots (or shredded zucchini).
Right here is the place the order is MOST essential.
The explanation we add the tomato merchandise final is as a result of if they’re on the underside, they will typically provide the “BURN” error when your recipe is cooking. No one needs that to occur!
Simply make sure that so as to add the spaghetti sauce and the diced tomatoes on high. Unfold it round in order that both sauce or tomatoes are overlaying the entire pasta, however DON’T STIR!
Step #2 – Prepare dinner
Put your lid in your pot and ensure the valve is about to “sealing” earlier than you set the cooker to strain prepare dinner on excessive for 8 minutes.
When the cooking cycle is full, open the valve to fast launch the strain.
It’ll take about 3 minutes for the strain to completely launch and permit the pin to drop.
Step #3 – Stir & Serve
As quickly because the strain is launched, you may open the lid and provides all of it a great stir.
And that’s it! It’s able to serve.
I wish to sprinkle on some recent basil or parsley earlier than I serve it up.
A inexperienced salad goes nice with this dish, however I additionally wish to serve it with roasted inexperienced beans or roasted zucchini spears (although my husband would favor I all the time served it with garlic butter Texas toast).
- 40 (~20 oz) frozen lean turkey meatballs (I exploit Kroger model)
- 16 oz raw entire grain spaghetti
- 3 cups low sodium rooster broth
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 24 oz Ragu Merely spaghetti sauce (this one is my new favourite budget-friendly no-added-sugar sauce!)
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- Place meatballs within the backside of your On the spot Pot.
- Break spaghetti in half and unfold it on high of the meatballs.
- Pour within the rooster broth.
- Add the cup of carrots, jar of marinara sauce, and might of diced tomatoes to cowl pasta. Unfold sauce and tomatoes to cowl noodles, however don’t stir.
- Put the lid on the pot, make sure that the valve is about to “Sealing” and prepare dinner on excessive strain for 8 minutes. It would take about 20 minutes on your pot to come back to strain (this time could range).
- When the cooking cycle is full, open the valve to fast launch the strain.
- Rigorously open the lid and stir effectively earlier than serving.
Serving Measurement: 1/8 (~1 cup spaghetti + 5 meatballs)
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 380Complete Fats: 10gSaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 38mgSodium: 912mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 10gSugar: 9gProtein: 22g
Pin This Recipe For Later!