This Gradual Cooker Turkey Sausage & Bell Peppers Recipe is a simple, wholesome dinner with kielbasa and many bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
That is a kind of dump meals that’s so quick and simple to organize. Chopping the veggies is the toughest half, then your work is actually finished.
This can be a nice selection for a wholesome dinner so as to add to your meal plan, packed filled with veggies to load you up on vitamins (you eat plenty of colours of the rainbow with this recipe!).
It additionally makes an amazing freezer meal, too! You are able to do the entire prep forward of time, freeze it in a gallon ziplock bag, then simply dump it in your crockpot the day you need to eat it and let the gradual cooker work its magic!
How To Make Gradual Cooker Turkey Sausage & Bell Peppers
I like to make use of Hillshire Farms Naturals turkey kielbasa for this recipe as a result of I like that it doesn’t use nitrates, however any cooked turkey or hen sausage will work!
Chop all your veggies and sausage and dump it into your gradual cooker.
As I discussed, that’s the toughest half! You’ll be able to even purchase pre-chopped onions and peppers in your produce part if you wish to splurge.
I take advantage of my 7-quart Frigidaire Skilled gradual cooker for this recipe, however any 7-quart gradual cooker will work!
Now, pour within the diced tomatoes (I like the added taste the fire-roasted selection provides, however you’re welcome to make use of plain or Italian seasoned diced tomatoes as an alternative!)…
and the entire seasonings…
and stir all of it up!
That’s it for the prep.
And it’s all able to prepare dinner! You’ll be able to select to prepare dinner it on excessive for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
All gradual cookers prepare dinner a bit in a different way so simply hold a little bit of a watch on it to see if it wants and roughly time.
And, while you carry the lid, you should have a beautiful crock filled with scrumptious veggies and protein!
You’ll discover there’s a little bit of liquid in there, which makes a scrumptious sauce while you combine in complete grain pasta, brown rice, or quinoa.
I selected to combine in some leftover pasta and there was simply sufficient sauce to coat the pasta completely.
That’s all there may be to it! This makes an amazing dump meal, a wholesome dinner for these particularly busy weeknights, and I’ve used it typically in our weekly meal prep.
What Do I Serve With Sausage & Peppers?
That is mainly a one-pot meal, so that you don’t essentially want anything with it, however you may serve it with:
- whole-grain pasta
- brown rice
- complete wheat bread (as a aspect or you could possibly use complete wheat hoagies to make sausage & pepper sandwiches!)
Trying For Extra Wholesome One-Pot Dinner Concepts?
- 12oz turkey kielbasa, reduce in bite-sized items
- 2 inexperienced bell peppers, seeded and reduce into 1” chunks
- 2 pink peppers, seeded and reduce into 1” chunks
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded and reduce into 1” chunks
- 1 giant yellow onion, reduce into chunks
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 28oz hearth roasted diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper, to style
- Non-obligatory 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- For serving: brown rice, complete wheat pasta, quinoa, and so on
- Pour all substances aside from non-obligatory cheese into gradual cooker and prepare dinner for 4-6 hours on excessive or 6-8 hours on low.
- Stir, strive a chew, and add salt and pepper, to style.
- If desired, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and exchange lid for about 5 minutes, or till cheese is melted.
- Serve over complete wheat pasta, brown rice, or quinoa.
**The dietary info doesn’t embody pasta, rice, or quinoa.
Serving Measurement: 1/6
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 174Whole Fats: 7gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 0gLdl cholesterol: 40mgSodium: 686mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 12g
Pin This Recipe For Later!