This wholesome, scrumptious, vegan, gluten-free recipe for Edamame Masala with Brown Rice may be ready in simply over half-hour primarily based on many shelf-stable, nutritious substances.
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice (reminiscent of basmati rice or medium grain brown rice), raw
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small (or 1/2 massive) inexperienced chili, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon grated recent ginger
- 4 cloves minced recent garlic
- 1 tablespoons floor cumin
- 2 teaspoons floor coriander
- ½ teaspoon floor mustard
- 1 teaspoon floor turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (optionally available)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 14-ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped recent cilantro (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 (12-ounce) bundle frozen shelled edamame
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Prepare dinner brown rice in water, in keeping with bundle instructions, till tender.
- In the meantime, warmth oil in a massive skillet and add onion, chilies, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, mustard, turmeric, salt (if utilizing), and black pepper, sautéing for 9 minutes, stirring often.
- Add canned tomatoes and tomato sauce, and mash any massive chunks with a wood spoon to interrupt aside.
- Add cilantro and edamame, stirring properly to mix.
- Cowl with a lid and prepare dinner for about 20 minutes, till greens are tender and combination is thickened.
- Add garam masala and lemon juice, mixing properly.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
InstantPot Instructions: For steps 2-6, add all substances in these steps to the On the spot Pot and push the “Bean/Chili” setting. Serve with cooked brown rice. Observe: You need to use the rack and prepare dinner the rice in a separate container above the edamame masala.
Gradual cooker Instructions: For steps 2-6, add all substances in these steps to the Gradual cooker. Prepare dinner in keeping with producer’s instructions. Serve with cooked brown rice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 35 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American, Indian
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 331
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 181 mg
- Fats: 8 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 58 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 12 g
Key phrases: vegan entree, vegan edamame recipe, masala recipe