The ten-step Christian goal-setting course of with questions, prayers, and Bible verses I exploit to hunt God’s will in my weight reduction, enterprise, religion, & extra.
As a Christian girl who needs to stay a purposeful life, I attempt to be intentional about commonly setting objectives.
**Be certain to scroll to the underside of this publish to your printable Christian goal-setting worksheet!
Since my 100-pound weight reduction journey is what introduced most of you right here, I’ll use a weight reduction aim for example on this publish, however I’ve used these similar questions, prayers, and Bible verses in writing:
- well being objectives (reducing weight, operating a 5k, strolling 10,000 steps commonly, consuming extra greens, ingesting extra water, and so forth)
- enterprise objectives (rising my viewers, rising revenue objectives, sharpening my abilities, incomes new certifications, and so forth)
- monetary objectives (paying off debt, budgeting, tithing, saving for particular issues, and so forth)
- private objectives (sending birthday playing cards to household, meal planning, assembly buddies commonly for espresso, internet hosting a women night time, and so forth)
- religion objectives (having common quiet instances, memorizing Scripture, studying a morning devotional, becoming a member of my church’s prayer crew, praying diligently for shut family and friends, and so forth)
This is similar course of I’ve used time and time once more to assist me preserve God on the heart of my objectives as I frequently search His will for my life.
10 Questions To Christian Objective Setting
So, listed below are the ten questions I stroll myself by each time I set new objectives.
I point out some Bible verses right here all through the questions, however I additionally use this bigger listing of 21 Bible verses on aim setting to assist me with this course of and I like to recommend you do, as effectively!
1. What’s God’s will for me on this space of my life?
This query is the cornerstone of each aim I set. Typically, I won’t know the particular reply of what He needs for me (does He need me to hitch this train program or attempt keto or intermittent fasting?), however I DO know His Phrase, His character, and His basic needs for my life and my coronary heart.
After I was 100 kilos obese, I used to be unhealthy, insecure, led by meals cravings, doubting my price, and so uncomfortable with my physique.
I do know that didn’t line up with God’s will for me.
After I seemed into Scripture, I might confidently say that God willed me to be:
- self-controlled in my consuming (Galatians 5:22)
- assured in my price in Him (Jeremiah 17:7)
- honoring God with my physique (Romans 12:1)
Lord, I wish to serve You with my life. Assist me to see areas that I want to vary to raised just do that. Present me stay passionately and purposefully for You on this space of my life. Lead me to Bible verses that can information me towards the life and the character You might have for me. I wish to stroll in Your footsteps, staying within the security of Your shadow. Draw me nearer to You as I transfer ahead on this aim. Assist me to maintain my eyes fastened solely on You. Amen.
2. What are my strengths?
That is at all times the hardest query for me to reply on this course of! I can discuss my struggles all day lengthy, nevertheless it actually takes a while for me to have the ability to see my strengths!
Now, take into account that these are strengths particular to this space (like weight reduction), however ALSO simply basic strengths that you’ve in life. It’s superb how God can overlap our strengths by utilizing the identical planning abilities we use in our enterprise to assist us reach weight reduction!
100 kilos in the past, I wasn’t assured in these strengths in any respect, however they have been nonetheless current in my life!
I used to be good at:
- speaking to individuals in 1-on-1 settings
- researching and learning
- following short-term plans
Lord, it’s exhausting for me to see the strengths You’ve given me typically, however I do know they’re there as a result of Your Phrase tells me that I’m fearfully and splendidly made (Psalm 139:14), a masterpiece You created to do good works (Ephesians 2:10). Present me these strengths in myself. Permit me to see myself by Your eyes.
3. How can I exploit these strengths right here?
Now, attempt to get a bit inventive along with your reply right here. In fact, perhaps the plain solutions are all you want, however attempt to determine a option to apply your strengths to this space of your life in new and artistic methods.
I found I might use my strengths above in every kind of various methods on my weight reduction journey:
- speaking to individuals in 1-on-1 settings – I might join with a exercise buddy to assist me train extra constantly and a buddy to meal prep with (I discovered I used to be way more motivated by one other particular person than simply myself!).
- researching and learning – I used to be actually good at discovering data on the web about completely different exercise plans, consuming plans, and fad diets to skip.
- praying – I had by no means prayed for my weight reduction journey earlier than. I knew that wanted to vary and I wanted to hope for, not solely weight reduction to remodel my physique, however Jesus to remodel my coronary heart as I discovered to develop in confidence in Him and belief Him extra to solidify my price in God.
- following short-term plans – I used to be at all times setting objectives that have been too huge and would lose motivation quick. I’m the grasp of following 30-day plans and whereas I knew I might by no means lose 100 kilos in 30 days, these 30 days have been a begin that would make me really feel profitable
Lord, I do know You need me to achieve this space. Present me inventive methods to make use of my strengths to honor You right here. Proceed to disclose new methods for me to glorify You with my God-given strengths. Amen.
4. The place am I struggling essentially the most?
As essential as it’s to see the areas the place you possibly can excel, it’s simply as essential to see your weaknesses. Not as a option to make you are feeling ashamed or embarrassed, however to empower you to be proactive in the way you navigate these locations.
I might have written a LONG listing of struggles after I was 100 kilos obese, however right here have been a couple of of the largest areas:
- at all times giving in to meals cravings
- secret consuming in my bed room at night time
- not transferring/exercising a lot
Lord, it’s actually uncomfortable to speak about my weaknesses. I do know they’re there, nevertheless it feels discouraging to listing the entire methods I fall brief. Assist me to see these areas with recent eyes, not as areas the place I’m failing, however as causes to cling tightly to You, understanding You’ll present for all of my wants and fill in all of my gaps. Assist me to really feel assured, at the same time as I have a look at this listing, understanding that You’re nonetheless working all these items for my good. Amen.
5. What are the methods I can handle these weak areas?
Ignoring the areas the place we battle doesn’t do us any favors. It’s so essential to acknowledge them in order that we are able to brainstorm methods to navigate them.
It’s not a sin to fall wanting perfection! All of us do and I consider Christ can use these areas to attract us nearer to Him and present us His larger image of neighborhood and belief as we settle for our weaknesses.
Some concepts for potential methods to deal with your weak areas:
- Attain out for assist, assets, and accountability from buddies, household, or somebody who is robust in that space. It takes some humility, however I consider leaning on others in neighborhood is a part of God’s design. (Listed below are some nice methods to construct a assist system in the event you’re attempting to drop some pounds.)
- Perform some research. You possibly can google absolutely anything today and get some nice ideas on sensible steps to deal with every kind of areas of your life.
- Add extra construction. You would arrange a rewards system, a monitoring chart, or add particular duties or reminders to your schedule to make you extra profitable.
- Memorize Scripture. In our struggles, it’s straightforward to get pissed off, discouraged, and lose hope. Memorizing Bible Verses is a robust option to preserve your ideas from drifting to the adverse and frequently align them with God’s Phrase.
- Pray. Prayer is crucially essential in each space, however particularly with regards to our weaknesses. It’s a means that we are able to lean into Christ, acknowledging that we are able to’t do that alone and we desperately want Him.
Listed below are the weaknesses I listed within the earlier steps and a few methods I brainstormed that I can handle them.
All the time giving in to meals cravings.
- Use the three P’s each time a meals craving hits.
- Plan my meals a day forward of time.
- Give myself permission to eat sure wholesome meals when meals cravings hit (one of many first steps in how I conquered nighttime was telling myself to eat an apple as an alternative of Cheetos if I bought hungry within the evenings).
- Memorize 1 Corinthians 10:13 and recite it throughout tempting moments.
Secret consuming in my bed room at night time.
- Acknowledge that secret consuming is not only a behavior subject – it’s a personality subject. I wish to be happy with my selections, not hiding, mendacity, and shameful about them.
- I’ll take away all meals from my bed room and never eat behind closed doorways.
- I’ll plan filling dinners with a wholesome night snack to stop nighttime starvation.
Not transferring/exercising a lot.
- I’ll use an exercise tracker to see how a lot I’m presently transferring and set a practical every day step aim.
- I’ll use inventive methods to get extra steps into my day.
- Ask a buddy to examine in with me as soon as every week to carry me accountable for my step objectives.
When you want Christ-centered, grace-filled construction, assist, and accountability in your weight reduction, I can’t advocate our Devoted End Traces 2.0 program extremely sufficient.
Lord, give me boldness and power to humbly search assist in my areas of weak point – from You, my neighborhood, and no matter different assets I must develop on this space. Give me knowledge and perception in my brainstorming as I attempt to give you inventive concepts to navigate these struggles and remind me that You didn’t design us to be excellent on goal. Assist me to do not forget that even my weaknesses have a goal. Amen.
6. The place have I seen essentially the most outcomes/affect?
The reply to this query might offer you extra steering than you suppose!
Typically instances, we get so overwhelmed feeling like we now have to do all of the issues that we don’t actually zero in on the duties which are really working!
Take the time to take a seat down and take into consideration what’s working greatest for you proper now. What has labored greatest for you previously? Are there ways in which you should use those self same ideas and kick them up a notch?
In my weight reduction journey, whereas I actually stunk at excessive, sudden adjustments to my weight-reduction plan and train, I used to be particularly good at:
This was a very essential factor for me to understand as a result of I had frequently informed myself that these two issues weren’t sufficient.
Let me simply inform you that these two bullets proper there have been the rationale I used to be capable of lose 100 kilos and preserve it off. The reply wasn’t doing extra or discovering an elusive miracle answer.
It was merely persevering with to do what I used to be already doing, steadily and constantly.
You simply may need already discovered the important thing to your success. You simply want extra time and extra apply to get the large outcomes you’re ready for.
Lord, open my eyes and present me the issues I’m already doing which are working effectively for me. Assist me struggle towards these emotions that wish to decrease them and make them appear not adequate. Present me their worth and the way I can greatest use them to assist me succeed. Give me endurance and perseverance as I spend money on these items and anticipate the outcomes to comply with. Amen.
7. What am I doing that isn’t yielding any outcomes?
This query is simply as impactful because the final as a result of it lets you eliminate these further issues that have been overwhelming you and never providing you with outcomes.
What are the issues taking essentially the most of your time and vitality that aren’t providing you with a lot (or any) return in your funding?
Acknowledge these issues and eliminate them! It is a stunning option to simplify and sharpen your focus, working smarter and never tougher to perform your objectives.
In my weight reduction journey, these issues have been:
- quick-fix merchandise (like ab belts, weight reduction tablets, shakes, and so forth)
- excessive diets (Atkins, keto, and so forth)
- excessive exercise plans (going from sofa potato to intense, lengthy exercises by no means caught and made me really feel like a failure)
As soon as I noticed this, it saved me a lot money and time! It modified the way in which I picked my 30-day plans and it launched me from the unrealistic expectation that my weight-reduction plan needed to be excellent to be wholesome. I began feeling happy with the small adjustments I used to be making and will see my every day victories as an alternative of simply continuously feeling defeated that I wasn’t doing sufficient.
Lord, present me the issues in my life which are losing my time, vitality, and cash. Give me the knowledge and power to allow them to go and refocus on the issues that shall be handiest, serving You greatest with my time, strengths, and abilities. Thank You for by no means anticipating perfection from me. Amen.
8. What are my high 3 priorities right here?
As I’ve already talked about, it’s straightforward to really feel utterly overwhelmed by the entire issues we really feel like we have to do to achieve our huge objectives. After which, we find yourself getting paralyzed by the overwhelm and by no means taking any steps in any respect!
This query is all about zeroing in on what are the primary issues I’m going to give attention to proper now.
Typically meaning breaking your huge objectives into smaller chunks.
Don’t fear about what your high priorities may be 6 months from now or in 5 years. These issues will are available time as you re-evaluate your objectives.
For now, slim it down to only your high 3 priorities.
In my weight reduction journey, I needed to:
- Lose 25 extra kilos (that didn’t get me to my aim weight, nevertheless it was a extra practical stepping stone).
- Get extra lively.
- Conquer my meals cravings.
Lord, give me knowledge in narrowing down my high priorities right here. I would like these 3 issues to honor and glorify You, however assist me to not get so caught on selecting the proper 3 that I cease making progress. my coronary heart to serve You right here. I would like my life to mirror the issues which are most essential to me and You’re on the heart of all of it. Let these priorities mirror that, as effectively. Amen.
9. What are my motion steps to realize every of these priorities?
That is the place I exploit SMART objectives. It’s one factor to brainstorm basic concepts of stuff you wish to accomplish.
It’s fairly one other to put out intentional motion steps that may take you from the place you might be proper now (not simply the place you would like you have been) to the place you wish to be.
For every of your 3 high priorities, take the time to create a aim that’s:
Be certain to make use of the SMART objectives publish in the event you’re uncertain of how to do this. I gained’t embody a selected instance right here since I included a number of examples in that publish of SMART objectives for weight reduction!
Lord, present me lay out my objectives in a means that makes them achievable. Assist me to be intentional about my motion steps, making them practical for me. Don’t let me slip into the comparability lure alongside the way in which, measuring my very own objectives towards what others are reaching. Hold my eyes fastened on You and on the trail You might have laid out for me and me alone, giving me power, stamina, and perseverance to decide on to maintain going, even when it will get uncomfortable. Amen.
10. What are my subsequent steps to reaching these objectives?
Now you could have a good looking motion plan laid out! The subsequent step is selecting precisely the place to start.
What step is your first step? When are you going to do it?
Make the choice. Write it in your calendar. Be sure you do what it takes to take your plan from good intentions to motion!
This query is all about zeroing in on simply your first step so you recognize precisely the place to start out.
Typically instances, that is essentially the most tough step of all! It may be intimidating, scary, and it’s straightforward to develop a concern of failure while you’ve procrastinated one thing lengthy sufficient!
For years, I used to be the one who would purchase the beautiful planner and pens, lay out stunning objectives,….and by no means really comply with by with them.
However, take step one. You are able to do this, one step at a time.
In case your aim is weight reduction, attempt our free 7 Day Soar Begin Your Weight Loss Problem! You’ve bought nothing to lose.
Lord, give me the power, not simply to make all of those plans, however to truly take step one. Assist me to truly put all of my good intentions into motion. Present me, one step at a time, serve You powerfully and purposefully by these objectives. I crave to listen to you say, “Properly carried out, good and devoted servant!” Amen.
Printable Christian Objective-Setting Worksheet
Pin This Publish For Later